Stacking discounts enables you to apply multiple discounts to a line item/order.
Apply Two Percentage Discounts to Same Product
You have a product with a sale price of $100 and want to apply two discounts to it—a 10% off discount and a 20% off discount. The system would apply the discounts in the following way:
- The item is discounted by 20% and becomes $80.
- The $80 amount is discounted by 10% and becomes $72.
- The product is now $72.
Apply Different Discount Types (Dollar and Percentage) to Same Product
You have a product with a sale price of $100 and want to apply a 10% off and a $5 off discount. The system would apply the discounts in the following way:
- The system evaluates different ways to apply the discount:
- If 10% off then $5 off applied, the price would become $85.
- If $5 off then 10% off applied, the price would become $85.50.
- The system selects the discount ordering that yields the lowest price for the shopper. The item becomes $85.
Each discount falls into one of three categories: line item, order, shipping. When setting a discount to stack, you must assign that discount to a layer (1, 2, or 3). Layers help the system determine which discounts can be stacked together.
Only one discount of each category can be assigned to each layer. If you assign two discounts of the same type to the same layer, the system uses the discount that yields the lowest price for the shopper. However, if you assign two discounts from different categories (for example a line item discount and order discount) to the same layer, the system applies both discounts.Note:Discounts assigned to a lower layer cannot stack onto discounts set to a higher layer. For example, a discount set to layer 1 cannot stack onto a discount set to layer 2 or 3.
Kibo eCommerce does not currently support stacking shipping discounts. For example, when creating/editing a discount on the Discounts page in Admin, you can select Line Item or Order in the Applies To field, but not Shipping.
Enable Discount Stacking
This feature requires changes to your core theme. Ask your theme developer to make the required changes to your theme to enable this feature, as detailed in the Github pull request.
Setting Discount Layers
Before you can stack discounts, you must set stacking settings for the discounts you want to stack in the General section of the Discounts screen in Admin. To enable stacking for a discount:
- Select the discount that you want to edit.
- In the Discount Layering subsection, select the Stackable toggle option.
- Using the Assign to Discount Layer drop-down menu, select the discount layer to which you want to assign the discount.
View/Filter Discounts by Stacking Settings
You can view/filter discounts on the Discounts grid page in Admin according to their stacking settings.
View Stacking Settings on Discounts Grid
To view stacking settings on the Discounts grid:
- Navigate to Main > Fulfillment > Orders.
- Select the options button (represented by three dots) on the right-hand end of the discount grid header to display the grid fields menu.
- In the grid fields menu, select the Stacking Layer checkbox to display the Stacking Layer column in the discount grid.
- In the grid fields menu, select the Stackable checkbox to display the Stackable column in the discount grid.
Filter Discounts by Stacking Settings
To filter discounts by stacking settings:
- From the discount grid page, select the filter button (represented by three lines) to the left of Create New Order.
- In the Stackable field, select the stackable setting by which you want to filter discounts.
- In the Stacking Layer field, select the stacking layer by which you want to filter discounts.