The cart takeover feature enables customer service representatives to take over an online cart and make changes with an offline order so that the cart has the shopper’s desired products and product configurations. This feature is supported for both single-single and multi-ship tenants.
Edit the Contents of a Shopper's Cart
There is a shopper who needs help selecting several custom products that offer different complex configurations. Using cart takeover, a Customer Service Representative (CSR) can take control of the shopper’s cart, browse for products, and add/remove products from the shopper’s cart.
The CSR must be assigned to a role that has the Customer Update behavior.
CSRs can take over carts for both anonymous and registered shoppers. However, keep in mind that viewing an anonymous user’s cart pulls up an empty cart. For a logged-in user, viewing the cart pulls up the shopper’s online cart.
CSRs should also know that the cart will always display the CSR as logged in as a shopper (for instance, see “Welcome, Wade” when viewing the cart in the below interface examples), even though that is not the case. The CSR should not be confused or try to click Log Out.
The recommended workflow for the cart takeover feature is for the CSR to create a new offline order, then use View User's Cart to see the shopper's cart. The CSR should use the Add Items to Order button to copy the cart items to the offline order rather than clicking the Checkout button.
- Shopper goes to their cart.
- Shopper calls CSR for help.
- CSR navigates to Main > Fulfillment > Order.
- CSR creates a new offline order for the customer.
- CSR selects View User’s Cart. The offline order is associated with the cart.
- CSR adds items as necessary.
- Shopper clicks Checkout and sees the order created by the CSR.
How to Use Cart Takeover
In order to view a shopper’s cart, a new order must be made by the CSR.
Create the New Order
To create the new order:
- Click Create New Order in the order management view. This opens the below view.
- Select the customer from the Search and dropdown menu on the right.
Add Items to the Cart
Now that the order is created:
- Click View User’s Cart at the top of the order header. There are currently no items in the new order.
- To add an item, search for the item by keyword or type in the search boxes at the right.
- Clicking on an item will open the item details view. Click Add to Cart here.
- When all items have been added, click Add Items to Cart to exit the takeover and allow the shopper to checkout on their own.
- The newly created order is now displayed as usual in the Order Details pane.